Our sweet girl has finally met the 10 month mark (about a week or so ago, but I'm just a bit behind)! Here are 10 things Mollie Moo (what I tend to call her) is up to at 10 months:
1. Sporting two precious teeth, and working on some more! She's definitely teething right now, and I believe going through a growth spurt! Needless to say, she's a bit grumpier than usual and not sleeping as well...I've been listening to her play/fight off sleep in her crib for the past few days, which is not good for a girl who usually goes right down to sleep!
Happy girl in her Christmas jammies!
2. Still slightly immobile :o) This child just does not want to crawl! She'll get to her hands and knees, then right back where she came from. She has absolutely no interest in going any further. However, this brings me to our next point...
3. Almost walking! Her lack of interest in crawling has been replaced with a very strong interest in walking! She's great at standing holding on to objects, has started cruising just a little bit, and can (very awkwardly and clumsily) walk with you holding her hands (or pushing a box around the living room!). I think this kid just might skip the whole crawling thing and move right along to bigger and better things.
Did daddy have to go back to work so soon??
4. Sporting a growing vocabulary! She can say mama, dada, baba (whatever that means), uh oh, can wave bye bye (now with her wrists and fingers, not just her arms), sign "all done", and I swear she says "Hi daddy!" She also is working on several other syllables that are just babble right now, but it sounds like she's talking in sentences sometimes.
5. Giving kisses! This is my favorite thing she does right now. If you ask her to give you kisses, she'll open her mouth wide and basically lick your face leaving a nice big wet spot. She'll even say "ooohhh" while she does it. She can give hugs, too. This is basically the same thing as a kiss, but without the licking. Today she pulled herself over to me, over some toys, with great effort just to give me a kiss. So sweet!
6. Working on blowing...The other day I thought we'd see if she can blow, since her first birthday is nearing and all, it would be nice if she could blow out her own candles! She can do it! Probably not in a very effective manner, but she can blow on command :o)
7. Can help "clean up"... When Mollie takes a bath, she likes to play with all of her little bath squirt toys. When it's time to get out, we sing the "Clean Up" song and put all the toys back where they belong before we get out. She can now help by putting a few toys back in the basket! It does take a little coaxing, but she does it. I'm proud of her for listening and working on obedience one little toy at a time!
8. Growing, growing, growing! As mentioned before, I'm pretty sure she's going through a growth spurt right now. For the past few days, she seems to keep eating and eating and gets MAD when you don't get it there fast enough! I think she weighs about 18 pounds right now, and is slowly growing out of her clothes! It's a good thing Santa Clause is coming next week...
9. Mollie is officially scared of Santa Clause. She met him for the first time on the Polar Express, the train we took to the North Pole the other day :o) From the moment we walked on the train, she was excited, giddy, bouncing with joy at all the pretty lights, songs, and kids everywhere! However, by the time Santa came to say hello, she was getting a little tired, and his beard was really big and white, so a few tears were necessary. However, the Polar Express was a lot of fun and it sure was cool to see all the kids in their jammies eagerly awaiting to see Santa. And it absolutely melted my heart to see Mollie and cousin Maddox so excited!
On our way to the North Pole via the Polar Express
There's the North Pole!
10. Mollie made her theatrical debut last week. She was asked to play baby Jesus in the live nativity scene that our church puts on! So if she was playing baby Jesus, guess who got to play Mary and Joseph?? Yep, that would be us. Luckily, it was only for one night of the three night event because it was COLD! But we had Mollie nice and bundled up and she had a great time greeting all the visitors coming to see the newborn King. She even fell asleep in the middle of it! Such a good kid. I don't even know if she saw the ENORMOUS camel giving rides around Bethlehem! Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures. Evidently a camera isn't a very authentic part of Jesus' birth story, so I didn't have it with me. Someone took pictures though, maybe they'll resurface soon.
I think that's about all that's happening in Mollie's world right now. This little 10 month old is a HUGE blessing to us and I seriously can't imagine life without her, or hardly even remember what it was like before her! We're very thankful for our little Mollie Moo and can't wait to see what God has in store for her!
Here's our pretty little girl playing dress up :o)