Friday, November 6, 2009

26 Days of Thankfulness...days 6,7,8

So, today I decided to post what I'm thankful for this weekend. It's all related and is worth 3 days of thankfulness (and much much more!)

6. God's Love: As I've been reading through the Old Testament, I've been amazed at how much God really does love his children. He did great things to and for his children in order for them to receive his blessings. He also disciplined them so that they could learn right from wrong. And he did these things on such a huge scale....we're talking splitting the sea so his people could get to the promise land, bringing plagues, wiping out nations as a time, commanding the earth to swallow someone whole, and so so much more. Why would he go to all that work if he didn't love who he was doing it for?

But he also loves on a small scale. The same God that did these huge, earth shattering things for NATIONS of people, shows us his love on a very intimate, personal scale every day. He shows me how much he loves me by giving me a wonderful family, a husband who is my perfect companion, and a baby girl who was made in His image especially for us who taught me a whole new kind of love!

7. God's Forgiveness: Oh boy does He forgive. I can't even begin to count the times that I've doubted, ignored, cursed, etc...the God that love us so much! Yet he still loves and blesses us. If we could all have just a little bit of that in our hearts...

8. God's Blessings: I am amazed every day not only how much I am blessed, but in how many ways I am blessed. He's blessed me with relationships with others, personal strengths and characteristics, and financial needs (not always in abundance, but always enough!!). I've been blessed by others, and by blessing others. We can find blessings in the darkest times, and in the joyous of times. In the quiet of the morning, or in loud craziness! Just by sitting down and reminding myself of all the ways we've been blessed is a blessing. This may sound corny/cheesy/whatever, but it's something I'm VERY thankful for. It reminds us that God loves us and forgives us!

So there is something to think about this weekend. I'll leave you with a video of a song that speaks to this in such a beautiful way, I think (just click on the link and it should take you there). Have a blessed weekend :o)

No comments: