Thursday, November 5, 2009

Countdown to Thanksgiving...26 days of Thankfulness!

1 Chronicles 29:13:
Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.


So as Thanksgiving draws nearer, I've decided to start thinking about what I'm thankful for a little bit sooner. So I hope to list something each day that I'm thankful for up until Thanksgiving. So since it's already November 5, here are 5 things I'm thankful for today:

1. At the moment, a peaceful sleeping baby. It makes me happy when Mollie gets the rest her body needs so she wakes up ready to play and grow some more!

2. Health: With all the concern about H1N1 flu going around, I am very thankful that none of us has it. Lets hope it stays that way!

3. Beautiful weather: I've loved the nice warm sunshine lately and the mid-70's temperatures. We were able to enjoy a nice walk this morning and it was just perfect.

4. A baby girl that likes to snuggle! Oh how I love it when she starts to get sleepy and snuggles up with me to read a book and rock for a moment before she lays down. God knew I needed that when He made Mollie :o)

5. Lunchtime: One of the things I look forward to most each day is when Jason gets to come home for lunch. Even though it's only for an hour, it sure is nice to see him and it breaks up the day...it doesn't seem like he's gone as long. Even though I don't always have something homemade from scratch waiting on the table when he comes in, I do enjoy making lunch for us and being able to sit and eat together (even if it is just a sandwhich). Also, Mollie sure does love it when her Daddy comes home! The days that she isn't napping when he comes home is great because you get to see the huge smile on her face when he walks in the door. I love it.

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

great idea! I know what you mean about the snuggles...I"m right there with you!