Monday, December 6, 2010

Tis the Season to be Jolly!

Tis the season, indeed. We are jolly around our house right now, and here are a few reasons why...

1. Christmas music is playing on all the radio stations

2. Our decorations are up and Mollie loves the "Kismas Treat" (Christmas Tree)

3. Mollie walks around singing "Jingle Quack", a version of Jingle Bells sung in the book "Jingle Duck", one of her current favorites.

4. She loves her Baby Jesus figurine in her Little People nativity scene

5. We got to enjoy a lovely Christmas dinner at Church last night and then watched our youth kids put on an awesome little musical. Mollie sat through the whole thing just mesmerized; she loved hearing the kids singing! And we're SO PROUD of how well she sat quietly and listened!

6. We started the "Elf on the Shelf" tradition; Mollie thinks it's so funny that the Elf is watching her. She likes to look for it each day!

7. We're all anticipating our ski trip to Red River here in a few weeks!

8. Mollie says "Oooh Yeah!" when she sees Christmas lights on houses

9. We're loving starting our own Christmas traditions as a family

10. I'm jolly because I'm in my last week of course work for my teaching certification!! Whew hoo!

11. Jason's jolly because Mollie is in a "I want my Daddy!" kind of mood...these opportunities are rare but cherished :o)

12. We're both jolly because our little smarty pants can sing her ABC's! Not sure if we've posted it yet, but I'll do it again anyway. Super cute.

13. I'm loving the colder weather...just with there was some snow with it!

I'm sure I could go on and on about what makes us jolly this time of year. Most of all, we're super blessed and excited about getting to celebrate the Birth of Christ with our families!

No comments: