Friday, July 10, 2009

When I found the one whom my soul loves...Song of Soloman 3:4


We've had a busy week so I'm a little behind....

Six years ago (7/12/03), I married my sweet boy! What a great 6 years it's been. I've been sitting back and reflecting on our life together and have to say I am pleased. It's been fun to think about how much our lives have changed in 6 years! I remember the two of us and Ahlee (the dog) going to the park to walk around and let her run through the water to cool off, and doing things on whim just because we could. Now there's 3 of us and 2 dogs, and we can't do anything without lots of planning and either a babysitter or dogsitter! I wouldn't trade it for anything, though. 

I'm reminded more and more each day how much of a blessing Jason's been to me. I couldn't ask for a better husband. I'm so thankful for a healthy marriage, especially when it seems like those don't exist thanks to the overly publicized celebrity population. Marriage is definitely a lot of work, but we don't want to settle for anything or just exist. We've been going through a study with our small group on the book "The Love Dare". It's been challenging, but has already blessed our marriage. I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to strengthen your relationship, no matter how good or bad it is! 

On our actual anniversary, we were both volunteering with VBS at our church, so we decided to celebrate on Saturday. Some may say it wasn't much of a celebration ( breakfast and coffee at Sugarbrown's, checking out the sidewalk-sale at Cardinals Sports, and a movie) but it sure was nice to spend the morning just with each other. We LOVE having Mollie around, but we needed some Mommy and Daddy time! Overall, it was a great day and we were thankful for the quality time we got to spend with each other. 
At the movies...
Looking forward to the next 6 (or 60) years! 


On a side note, we'll be heading to Pagosa Springs, CO this Sunday for the 2nd annual Malone family reunion (Jason's side)! We're super excited to head to the nice cool mountains and get out of this dreadful heat. We'll be gone for about 8 days, so I hope to have some awesome pictures of all the fun when we get back! Have a great week! 

No comments: