Tuesday, February 1, 2011

TIme flies...

...when you're crazy busy! Yep, I can't believe I haven't posted anything in a month. Well, actually I can because life has been a little hectic around here. At least it's a good kind of busy! Here's a little synopsis to catch you up...

- I finished a 6-week long sub job in a middle school special ed classroom working with behaviorally/learning challenged boys...WHAT an EXPERIENCE! It was GREAT, I learned so much, and made new friends/mentors/references/etc...

- I started student teaching in a 2nd grade classroom and have been EXHAUSTED ever since :o) It was hard on my mind and body to switch from middle school to 2nd grade, but I'm having so much fun. It's a TON of work, but full of rewards and life lessons...

- Mollie's quickly approaching the "Two's" (notice I left a word out there) and is keeping us on our toes! There's a whole new world of challenges that are approaching...and I promise to post a more detailed account of what our sweet girl is up to. Nine days and counting till her special day...

-Jason's hard at work preparing for the Cowtown Marathon in Fort Worth later this month. He's been so dedicated to keeping up with his training plan, taking care of his body, pushing his self to do better, etc. It's inspiring! I only wish I had that kind of dedication. And on top of that, he's still working full time, taking graduate courses, heading up a youth pastor search committee at church, singing at the Cactus Theater, and being a fabulous husband and daddy. What a guy.

And while that all doesn't seem like much when I write it down, boy have we felt busy. You can tell by the clutter in my house that I'm feeling spread a little thin these days...something's got to give I suppose! I can't tell you how thankful I am today for the ice/snow storm that blew in last night. It gave me an unexpected day off to be at home with my sweet girl and to rest my brain for a bit! While it means more work for me when I get back to school, I won't complain about an opportunity to play with the kiddo (which includes baby dolls, dress up, and ring-around-the-rosies these days).

While I miss these times at home with Mollie, I know God has a plan for this family. He's already opened up so many doors for me with my new career, and while I don't have a permanent position yet, I feel like He's leading the way to something great...

There's our January in a nutshell :o) More pics and stuff next time!

No comments: